Through its cultural policy, the University strives to make all students responsible citizens, critical thinkers and open-minded, tolerant, active members of society. This cultural policy offers each student the possibility to take part in the life of the University, fosters human relationships and the discovery of other people.
The University also contributes to the local cultural panorama. The cultural policy at the University:
- develops an artistic and practical education in the University,
- makes the University a culture stakeholder in the local community by encouraging projects related to the local environment and projects mixing research, training and artistic propositions, such as the festival “Les étudiants à l’affiche”,
- raises awareness of cultural events among students,
- supports the cultural projects of students and teachers,
- develops and spreads scientific and technical culture.
The University’s culture project is the subject of agreements with the local government, the Regional Management for Cultural Affairs (Direction Régionale des Affaires Culturelles) and with other partners. It is an integral part of the general policy of the University, in line with teaching and research, and contributes to the attractiveness of the University and its integration into the local environment.
The Student Culture PASS’ is a way of encouraging students to discover culture for themselves.
The Culture PASS’ card gives access to cultural events such as shows, visits, meetings, discoveries and public rehearsals at very low prices. Thus, the University of La Rochelle is helping to make culture accessible to everyone.
Tél. : 05 16 49 67 76
Maison de l’étudiant
3 passage Jacqueline de Romilly
17000 La Rochelle