Studying in an exchange program
You would like to come to the University of La Rochelle as an exchange student ?
Exchange students must be enrolled as students at a foreign university that has an exchange agreement with the University of La Rochelle.
Exchange students are considered to be studying for a degree at their home university and will not be entitled to the award of a degree by the University of La Rochelle.
Applicants must contact the International Office of their university. If selected, students must send those documents to email@example.com :
- a curriculum vitæ
- a certificate showing your level of proficiency in French
- an application form + learning agreement
- ID card / passport
- european health insurance card (Erasmus)
Selected students must submit their application forms before :
- March 25th for Fall/1st semester (arrival in September)
- October 12th for Spring/2nd semester (arrival in January)
Courses in French
University Centre for French as a Foreign Language (CUFLE) organises courses to help international students improve their French. Exchange students enrolled at the University of La Rochelle are entitled to 6 hours of French classes per week (6 ECTS per semester).
Courses in English
Most of courses offered by University of La Rochelle are IN FRENCH. Faculty of Languages (FLLASH) offers a few courses in English.
Students selected by the University of La Rochelle receive :
- documents necessary to obtain a visa (if required)
- help in finding accommodation when available (non-European students are priority)
- CUFLE application form, which must be completed and sent back to firstname.lastname@example.org
- useful information
- contact details of a University of La Rochelle student who will help with preparations for their arrival and their stay in France (Buddy Programme)
French university calendar is divided into two semesters :
- September 1st – December 31th
- January 1st – June 30th
- All saints (end of October)
- Christmas (end of December)
- Winter (February)
- Spring (April)
Service des Relations Internationales
Tél. : (+33)(0)5 46 45 91 14
Ouvert du lundi au vendredi sauf le mercredi après-midi