What is a Sandwich Course?
A Sandwich Course combines theoretical courses at the University and periods of work in a firm. You are an employee and a student, which is a great asset for your future career.
Study in a sandwich course at La Rochelle Université !
More than 30 degree courses, from Bachelor to Master’s degree, are available at the University. Many fields offer this type of degree:
- Digital technology
- Sustainable Building
- Environmental Science
- Tourism, Hotel and Leisure Industry
- Biotechnology, Food processing
- Languages, Audiovisual
- Management, Law
- Industrial Physics
What are the two typesof Sandwich Course ?
Both contracts have the same objective but specific terms and conditions.
This is a fixed-term contract. It allows students to prepare a vocational degree.
For whom ?
- Young people between 16 and 30
- People recognised as disabledworkers (no age limit)
- People with a creativeproject or who are taking over a business
What is a Professional Contract ?
The main objective is finding work. It must be for a specific duration, either as a fixed-term contract or a permanent contract.
Who can have a Professional Contract ?
- Young people from 16 to 25
- Job seekers who are over 26
- A personwho is on State benefit :“Revenue de Solidarité Active” (RSA), “Allocation Spécifique de Solidarité (AAS), “Allocation AdultHandicapé” (AAH), or a “Contrat Unique d’Insertion” (CUI)
Sandwich Course : the Advantages for students and firms
Advantages for students :
- Facilitate entry into the job market with professional experience
- Employment status with a wage throughout the course until graduation.
- Put into practice the theories learned at University.
- Define and develop your career plan
- Create and develop your professional network
Advantages for firms :
- Develop new projects and reinforce the team
- Recruit with the aim of teaching an occupation
- Finance the cost of training with the “Organisme Partenaire Collecteur Agrée” (OPCA) or the Apprentice Tax
- Benefit from Assistance, Regional allowances,or tax credits for the sandwich course
- A student-Apprentice is not included in the workforce of the firm for fiscal purposes