Health and safety guidelines
Health kit distribution for students
A health kit will be given to each student. This kit will include:
- An explanatory note
- 2 face masks, machine washable at 60°C with ordinary washing powder (can be washed 50 times and tumble dried)
- 1 bottle of hand sanitiser (can be re-filled at reception offices of all buildings of the University and at your student administration office)
- 1 individual sealable plastic bag to fold up your used mask into and take it home in order to wash it ; it has to be folded without external/internal contact
General safety instructions
Physical distancing measures
Physical distancing must be strictly observed on campus, to protect the whole community from the COVID-19 virus. Clear signage of Health & Safety instructions can be seen in all buildings. Here is a reminder:
Regularly wash hands with soap and water
Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue
Use disposable tissues and throw them away
Greet others without shaking hands or any physical contact
- Physical distancing:
Stay at least 1 metre away from others
Where applicable, only sit on seats marked with a green label
Do not move furniture
- Face covering:
Face masks must be worn at all times on campus, inside or outside of buildings
Wash hands before and after handling your face mask
Do not touch your face mask when taking it off, only the elastic bands
Maximum duration of a face mask is 4 hours
When the mask is not in use, it can be:
> either hung on an isolated hook,
> either put down on a clean sheet of paper, outer side of the mask down (the sheet of paper will then have to be thrown away),
> or folded in the sealable plastic bag provided in the kit.
How to get around the University?
- Direction: keep right
- Give way to people already engaged in the corridor before leaving a room
- One way entry/exit system operating in classrooms and amphitheatres
- Pay attention to floor markers every meter when standing in a queue
- Take the stairs instead whenever possible
- Give way to disabled people (and carer), and to those going to more than 3 floors up
- Only 1 person per lift (except carer for disabled person)
- If you see door signs indicating maximum number of people allowed in one classroom, please do abide by the rules
- Leave doors open (except fire doors and toilet facilities doors)
- Open windows as much as possible to let fresh air in
- Breaks should take place outside whenever possible
- Observe physical distanciation
- Wash hands before and after breaks
- Follow instructions given by University staff
- Wash hands before and after use
How to dispose of face masks, tissues, etc.?
The face masks given in the health kit are washable and reusable.
If you use disposable masks, tissues or cleaning wipes, please follow these sorting instructions:
- This waste must be disposed of in a dedicated, resistant bag with a proper closure system.
- This bag must be sealed and stored for 24 hours before being placed in the bin bag for household waste.
- None of these masks, tissues or wipes should be thrown away in the yellow bin (for paper and packaging recycling), in the compost or anywhere else, even if you are not sick!
- Do not flush wipes down the toilet, as this may block public sanitation systems.
What to do if you are sick?
What are the symptoms ? Temperature of 38°C or higher, fever and/or a cough, difficulties in breathing, speaking or swallowing, a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste. Please watch for any clinical signs and do take your temperature before coming to the University.
In case of symptoms
You must stay at home and immediately call a doctor to schedule an appointment. Alternatively, dial the emergency phone number 15, depending on your condition.
Please call your student office too.
Have you been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 ? Or is a member of your household a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19?
You will have to follow the medical instructions and notify the University to clarify your administrative situation.
If you feel symptoms on campus:
Immediately wear a face mask, preferably a surgical mask, while waiting for medical treatment. Immediately advise a member of staff of the University and isolate yourself inside an office or a separate room.
Please keep observing physical distancing (> 1 metre).
- Do you have emergency warning signs, such as breathing difficulties, shortness of breath? Call the emergency number 15 (SAMU) immediately.
- Alternatively, call your doctor for advice. If he confirms the absence of emergency warning signs, go back home but avoid public transportation and schedule an appointment with your doctor.
These rules are very important
You have to comply to the Health and Safety rules detailed in this document and to the instructions given by the University staff. Should you fail to apply these rules, you could be immediately forbidden physical access to the University campus, in accordance with article R. 712-8 of the French Education Law, and you could be sanctioned by a long-term exclusion from the University, in accordance with article R. 712-7 and R. 811-11 and following, from the French Education Law.
For greater protection against COVID-19 epidemic, download the STOP COVID app.