Presentation of the Doctoral School
Presentation of the doctoral school
The doctoral school covers all the scientific disciplines of the research units of La Rochelle Université which are attached to it :
- Centre d’Études Biologiques de Chizé : CEBC UMR CNRS 7372
- Centre d’Etudes Internationales sur la Romanité : CEIR EA 4227
- Centre d’Etudes Juridiques de La Rochelle : CEJLR EA 3170
- Centre de Recherche en Gestion : CEREGE EA1722
- Centre de Recherches en Histoire Internationale et Atlantique : CRHIA EA 1163
- Laboratoire Informatique, Image et Interaction : L3I EA2118
- Laboratoire des Sciences de l’Ingénieur pour l’Environnement : LaSIE UMR CNRS 7356
- Laboratoire Littoral, Environnement et Sociétés : LIENSs UMR CNRS 7266
- Laboratoire Mathématiques, Images et Applications : MIA EA 3165
In addition, there is the Laboratory of Genetics and Pathology of Marine Mollusks of the unit Health, Genetics and Microbiology of Mollusks (SG2M) of the Department Biological Resources and Environment (RBE) – IFREMER, La Tremblade.
The Doctoral School thus gathers a potential of supervision of theses of approximately 260 teachers-researchers.
The missions of the doctoral school
The main mission of the ED is to accompany the doctoral student from the recruitment process to the defense of the doctorate, and then to follow up on the student’s future in terms of job opportunities.
During the preparation of the thesis, the support takes the form of a certain number of activities, follow-up and training offers that can be summarized as follows :
- a formal welcome during the doctoral students’ first day of classes,
- the setting up of transversal training and specific training. The study regulations detail the type and number of 15-hour modules to be validated before the defense. The ED also validates other training courses taken outside the university after studying the request. The latter may benefit from financial support from the ED in addition to that of the host unit.
- to monitor the working environment of doctoral students and to validate the defense juries.
Doctoral training allows doctoral students to :
- access to in-depth training in their field of research with a particular ability to conceptualize problems, as well as a broad scientific culture,
- to prepare for their professional insertion,
- and to bring them a European and international opening.