Master Course of Engineering (CMI)
The CMI Master course: the first step to your engineering career.
The Master Course of Engineering (CMI) is a 5-year selective programme preparing students to engineering careers. This ambitious course is built to reinforce both a Bachelor’s and a Master’s degree. At La Rochelle Université, the CMI offers 7 specialisations: Environmental studies, Biotechnology, Civil engineering, Geoscience, Computer science (IT), Material science, Mathematics.
- The university course was awarded the CMI national label of excellence, inspired by the universally recognised MIT model.
- The selection process is based on students’ records and interviews.
- From the first year, students enter research laboratories.
- The course is part of the FIGURE network which includes mobility programmes between partner universities.
- A progressive 5-year course on engineering skills. The objective is for students to develop management and scientific knowledge through projects and internships.
- 20% extra complementary teaching – compared to traditional Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees.
- An 5-year innovative pedagogy, including doing projects and internships for 9 months in both research laboratories and companies. Professional-focused activities and strong research are at the core of the course.
- A 14-week internship in a company to comply with the engineering diploma requirements.
- Students’ guidance and supervision to develop entrepreneurship and innovation skills. From their third year, students create their own company and build their own network (of students, researchers and socio-professionals).
- An international experience, from lectures taught in English to a mandatory mobility of 3 months minimum.
- A close cooperation with researchers and companies. Interactive seminars are organised and a professional development committee led by both teachers and industrials is created to better address the needs and constraints of the students’ work environment.
- CMI alumni may undertake PhD studies to open doors to research and innovation careers.
La Rochelle Université, member of the national co-operative network FIGURE since 2012, offers a Master Course of Engineering (CMI) in 8 specialisations:
- Environmental engineering and coastal territories (Environmental studies)
- Biotechnology engineering (Biotechnology)
- Building engineering (Civil engineering)
- Material and structure sustainability (Material science)
- Geoscience and geophysics of the coastline (Geoscience)
- Digital content engineering (Computer science (IT))
- Mathematics and application (Mathematics)
Our CMI programmes can be found in our online catalogue.