The Department of International Relations helps international students to find accommodation in La Rochelle.

Where can I find accommodation when I come to study at the University ?

The University residences are managed by the CROUS. Space is limited and admission is not automatic. It is recommended you enquire as early as the month of January preceding the beginning of the academic year.

The CROUS also offers housing in private homes via Lokaviz (

L’ARPAE has a large number of appartments.


For all types of accommodation, an inventory is necessary before moving in and moving out. A deposit must be paid before or on arrival and it will be returned after departure if there has been no request a guarantor in France or in the European Union who will agree to pay the rent in case of non-payment by the student.

Housing Benefits

The Caisse d’Allocations Familiales (CAF) provides financial assistance for housing. It is necessary to have a valid residence permit. Before making the request, students holding a long-stay visa (1st year in France) must have obtained the OFII vignette. This allowance is not granted automatically.

Note : The International Office facilitates accommodationaccess for exchange students.

Contact The International Office +33(0)5 46 45 87 47

Open :
Tuesday-Friday : 9am-12am / 13:30pm-16pm
Closed : on Monday mornings and Friday afternoons