What are the different disability situations ?
What is the definition of a disabilty ?
According to the law n°2005-102 of 11 February2005, “constitutes a handicap, any limitation of activity or restriction of participation in society experienced in their surroundings by a person because of a substantial, durable or definitive alteration of one or more physical, sensory, mental, cognitive or psychic functions, a polyhandicap or a disabling medical condition.”
Disability situations are taken into account according to the following administrative nomenclature:
- Motor disorders
- Intellectual and cognitive disorders
- Blindness and visual disorders
- Severe and profound deafness and other hearing disorders
- Psychological disorders
- Psychic disorders
- Language and speech disorders
- Visceral troubles
- Several related disorders
- Other disorders
Some examples of disabilities :
- Motor impairment (person with reduced mobility, fracture)
- Severe dyslexia
- Visual and hearing disorder (deafness, utilisation of sign language)
- Psychological disorder (Depression, Phobia, Cranial Trauma)
- Chronic disabilitydisease (Crohn’s disease, diabetes, cancer etc.)
For each situation, solutions are available! Don’t hesitate to contact the Relais Handicap.